After one lesson, you'll be riding the waves
and having an incredible time.
Why take a lesson?
Because what you will learn in 1 lesson would likely take you at least 1 week to learn on your own!
An example of a beginner lesson:
- Before going in the ocean you will receive instruction on safety in the ocean and how to 'pop up' (examples shown below)
- Your instructor will get you in the water quickly so that the majority of your lesson is spent on applying the technique you learned on shore to catching waves
- He will make sure you have fun and give constant feedback throughout the lesson
- This will allow you to pop up (stand up on the board) consistently by the end of the lesson
- For a beginner lesson 8 ft. foam boards are used. If the participant has mastered the pop-up by the end of the first lesson, subsequent lessons will be taught using a fibre glass board. These boards are faster and are more difficult to balance on. Some surf instructors believe that you should start on a fibre glass board; however we have seen that they are much more difficult to master. We want you to feel you have had success by the end of the first lesson.